This year’s World Energy Outlook included a special report on India titled “India Energy Outlook”.
It was released recently by the International Energy Agency and assesses the multiple challenges and opportunities facing India as it develops the resources and infrastructure to meet its energy needs.
- Explores how major new policy initiatives, from “24×7 Power for All” to the “Make in India” campaign, affect India’s energy outlook
- Identifies the investment required in India’s generation and grid in order to provide universal, secure and affordable electricity supply
- Highlights the growing role of renewables, led by wind and solar, in India’s energy future, alongside the continued importance of coal
- Evaluates the energy security and environmental strains that accompany India’s rise and how they can be addressed
- Assesses the implications for a global energy system in which India exerts ever-larger influence