The India International Science Festival (IISF 2015), a joint event of Ministry of Science and Technology (DST, DBT and DSIR/CSIR) and Ministry of Earth Sciences, is being organized during December 04-08, 2015 at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) have been chosen as the nodal government institution to organize this mega event in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA). IISF aims to provide a single platform to promote interaction among the people and scientists from South Asian Countries to share and spread scientific ideas and discoveries. Around 3500 participants, delegates, invitees, renowned experts are expected to attend various components of IISF 2015.
IISF 2015 is being organized with the following objectives:
- Exposing the fruits of Science and Technology to the masses
- Building strategy to instill scientific temper among the people
- Showcasing Indian contributions in the field of S&T over the years
- Providing platform to young scientists from South Asian and other neighbouring countries for exchange of knowledge & ideas
- Supporting flagship programmes like Make in India, Digital India, Start-up India, Smart Villages, Smart Cities etc. initiated by the Govt. of India